8.26.2010

Family Organization Binder


One of the things that keeps me (and our family) most organized is our Family Organization Binder. In this 2-inch binder I store everything that our family needs in one place.

I have dividers for the following:
  • Meals and Menus
  • Home Management
  • School and Activities
  • Family
  • Health
  • Address and Phone Numbers
  • Finance
  • Emergency
Every bit of important information goes into this binder so that if we ever needed to evacuate our house, everything of importance is in this one place. It also serves as reference and storage for all of those papers from school, work, etc.

Two of my most used areas are my grocery list and weekly meal plan. My husband knows where to find the grocery list, so if he uses anything up, it goes right on the list. I have my grocery list organized by the aisles in my favorite grocery store, and most purchased items are already typed in so I just need to check them off. This saves a ton of time each week. No more slips of paper laying around.


Another area we use often is our Medical Log which keeps track of the childrens' illnesses and medications. It's all in one spot, dated, so that when we need to speak with our doctor, we have an accurate account of temperatures, medications, symptoms, dates, etc. I also never have to try and remember (or communicate with another caregiver) if I have given a medication on a certain day. Once the medication is dispensed, the date and time go on the log. This has been invaluable. I now have almost three years of medical history on my children.



To help you get started on your own organizational binder, I've compiled some documents that you can download and print. Some of them you'll simply insert into your binder and others you can fill in. The first file, Family Organization Binder, contains three pages that list each divided section that you might want to have, along with a list of documents that might go into that section.



Feel free to download any of these documents to get started. Make this binder work for you by including any information or documents that you feel will help keep your home (most likely your kitchen) paper free. If you have any questions, post them in the comments and I will respond!

Downloadable PDF documents:
|| Edited to Add: ||
Here are links to the Word or Excel documents for most of the above so you can edit them as you choose. The fonts I used are Gill Sans MT, Amelie, and Times New Roman.

Word or Excel Documents:
Also, if you are having trouble downloading any of the files, make sure you are clicking on the correct button. In the picture below, you'll see a blue download button. Click this. If you see anything else that says "download", don't click on it. Sometimes there will be ads at the top of the screen trying to get you to download some other product. The green download button downloads another program called 4sync. You do not need this

33 comments:

  1. As your blog title suggests.... I am continually inspired by your organization! Thanks for the downloads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca. I'm trying to download these papers to create my own household binder, but I can't seem to get it to work. There are a lot of ads and junk on the link that pops up and I can't seem to click on the right "download now" to get the actual document. HELP! Thanks so much.

    Tracy Rickstrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...how did you get your tabs to be printed nicely? Doesn't look like handwriting in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just fell in love with you. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already answered Tracy [TnT] about the tabs, but I'll comment here. I used Avery dividers and used their free template for Word. I just opened the template in Word, typed in my divider titles and printed onto their label sheet that came with the dividers.

    [PeavoyMom] Hahaha! Thank you! Hope it helps your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't have the same fonts installed that she used, yours won't look the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. PDFs can be fickle. At least they give you a starting point!

      Delete
  7. I must not know how to download because it continues to try to charge me. Can you help me out? I love your concept and want to do this so bad!!! Thanks for sharing your talent! bloomfieldjanalee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've edited this post with a picture of where to click to download. These downloads are free and you will not be charged if you click on the right place. :)

      Delete
  8. This idea is GREAT! Thanks for sharing it! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope it will help you as much as it has helped me.

      Delete
  9. I used a view of these and also linked you on my blog! :) thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome! I have been trying to start a binder for awhile, but never found styles I like. These are all coordinated and look great. Thanks!

    A request though, just in case... would you be willing to share any of these in an editable format? For example, the grocery list? My regularly purchased items look a little different. :) (And I'd need different fire department etc info on my Emergency Information page.) Thanks for considering it anyways! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've edited this post to add all of the files in either Word or Excel format. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the forms!! They are GREAT! Do you happen to have the rest to share? If not, do you have a template you would share or even the fonts so that they can be recreated. I just hate it when things don't match! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,
      Are you referring to the other ideas I list in the Family Organization Binder documents (the three pages of ideas by tab)? These are just ideas and many of them won't have templates. I've included most of the documents that I use. There are a few that I use that I haven't made into sharable files. Do you have an idea of specific ones you'd like?

      I also edited this post to include Word and Excel downloads that I used, as well as the fonts that I used. Hope this helps you!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Rebecca-

      Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! The new documents you posted will help me create the new forms I need (since I have an obsession of keeping things consistent). :) The specific forms I would love for you to share are:
      Family Organization Binder Sheets (to change to fit my needs)
      Cleaning Lists
      Daily Routines
      Gift Ideas

      Thanks again...this is really helping me get the stuff organized that I have been procrastinating.

      Delete
  12. This is such a great idea. I try so hard to keep my family organized and now that we are trying to move and clear out the excess clutter in the house I'm looking for ways to.cut down and back everywhere. Thank you so much for this idea! Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing your templates are grea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful resources you have created! I do not mean to be a pain : )...
    I am trying to download these files and it doesnt look the same as the picture you posted of the blue button. It wants me to download programs, etc. Is there another easier option to download these files?
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rebecca, I love your forms and really want to be able to print them but am having trouble finding the right button. I know you've had this question before, but I can't find the answer. Can you help me?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these lists but none of the downloads are working. I guess this blog is inactive? :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please send me the models by e-mail, are no longer available for Download! Loved it all! Congratulations and thank you! patybracht@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please send me the models by e-mail, are no longer available for Download. please send me via email naseermughal[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. could I also get the models by email? I'm getting married soon and would love to start utilizing this right away!! They are wonderful! Thank you! whitgirl90@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These layouts are great and would work great with the Life Skills class I teach to the former foster care youths that are trying to achieve self sufficiency. Could I have the documents emailed to me? THANK YOU acred14@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another interested user hoping for the (editable) docs :)

    cody.a.ray {[a.t]} g-mail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails